The IDO is mandated to perform the following key tasks:-
· Implementing Government economic policy focusing on sustainable development.
· Managing the Emirate's credit rating.
· Managing the financial performance all Government entities.
· Preparation of consolidated Government accounts.
· Managing all Government investments.
· Responsible for the Emirate's Sovereign debt issuances and associated liability management programmes.
· Provision of financial, legal and professional advisory support to Government entities.
· Review of strategic investment opportunities and initiatives.
· Developing key strategic business and partnering relationships, both within the GCC and abroad.